Getting married is certainly one of the most important steps that a person takes during his or her life. Marriage is far more than a cultural tradition, a legal arrangement, or even a partnership between two people who love each other. Marriage is a relationship ordained and instituted by God in which a man and a woman are joined together for the rest of their lives. It is a relationship of self-sacrificing love through which we catch a glimpse of God’s unconditional love for us.
To spend a lifetime living in a faithful, loving marriage, we need the love and grace Jesus offers us through living in a relationship with him. We also need the love, grace, support, and encouragement that Jesus offers us through our relationships with other followers of Jesus.
Therefore, our pre-marital process is designed to help engaged couples build healthy, Christ-centered marriages. We value a foundation for marriage that includes
- a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- membership and involvement in a specific Christian church
- a relationship with each other based on love, respect, transparency, and faith in God
- a dating relationship of at least one year
- a commitment to pursue God’s best in your individual lives and in your life together
To be married at Vineyard Community complete the following steps in this order
- Complete the Wedding Application form and return it with the required deposit to reserve your wedding date.
- Register for and attend our 9-week pre-marital class. This is required for everyone wishing to be married at Vineyard Community Church. You can do this either by signing up for one of our PrepareEnrich Marriage small groups, offered each spring and fall, or by meeting as a couple with one of our Marriage Mentor couples.
- Meet with the officiating pastor to design and plan the details of your wedding.
Standard wedding charges are $600 for Vineyard Community Church members and $1200 for nonmembers. For the member rate to apply at least one person in the couple (or their parents) must have been a member of Vineyard Community Church for at least 6 months prior to completing our wedding application. The charge includes the cost of the pre-marital class, use of the building, use of video and sound systems, and the pastor’s fee. Use of the building for the wedding reception involves additional charges.
A $200 nonrefundable deposit is required along with your completed wedding application to reserve your wedding date. The balance due must be paid no later than 60 days prior to the wedding date. In the event of cancellation, a full refund less the deposit will be given.